Wednesday 24 December 2008

Controversial


Apologies to those who thought I had joined of my own free will, it was a birthday surprise gone awry and after I blew my stack it's been taken down (along with the personal information that was entered fraudulently).
Rant at will I may, but I do understand how the culprits thought it would be funny, from their point of view.
And was I tempted by all the friend request I had, perhaps at first, but on closer inspection half weren't sincere and filled with overly vain profile pictures leaving a MySpace after taste.
Yes, I will miss out on many photo albums I'd love to see, and I've left myself open to Wall-to-wall bagging but I don't care.
I've been employed in a job where I'm required to work, and out of that time I'd rather not leave naughty comments on your wall or poke anyone thanks. And that's my conscious choice.
But as has just been shown, anyone can be easily impersonated on this or any other social network, does that concern you at all?

4 comments:

slaggybuttonit said...

"Slag has thrown a sheep at you"

"Slag has tagged you blurrily in the background of some photos of an event you'd rather forget about"

"Take this test/survey to find out how you compare to Slag at movies/music/hating/being a tosser"

"Slag has 288 vampire points or some bullshit. Click here to become a 'vampire' and continue wasting your life in new and uninteresting ways"

- this is all you are "missing out" on.

You have my unconditional support and admiration for taking this courageous stand against banality, inanity, and the lowest common denominator.

I really wish I hadn't had that moment of weakness and joined up.

Mind you, you've still got time to get on Twitter . . .

Happy Bollocksmas to you and Kev.

slaggybuttonit said...

Double comment!

Did you intentionally cut the screenshot off so it says "It's as easy as clicking a butt"?

Hayley said...

oh dear aren't we very mature! Personally I was looking forward to the trannie shot! I knew it wouldn't be your cuppa tea (as funny as I personally found the idea) and so therefore didn't "accept" u as friend (do i get brownie points for that?). Very glad the tizz has been "gotten over" and that u are all pals again though. also happy for u that u have a meaningful job Pam, oh how cheeky is she! xo enjoy new years luv

Jacki said...

Good on ya Pam! Stick to your guns. We can communicate the old fashioned way - email!

Blog Archive