Saturday 29 August 2009

Come on, Come on, Come on, Get Through It


This poster was a highlight of my daily, three part commute. It read in my mind lyrically and shot me back to the summer of '99 when I had bought the Best of Blur from the Warehouse and dubbed it onto a hyper yellow cassette to play in my car. The radio was hinky, installed with love by my sister while I was away with my parents in the UK, which may have been the reason she plastered a bumper sticker announcing 'BRAT' on the back of my first car - a smoky white diesel station wagon. I looked like a courier, but I would get hoarse driving home from a crappy house party on a Friday night singing 'Tender'.

The ten o'clock Restricted License curfew saved me from a tragic youth. And that poster saved me from getting impatient when the platform got congested.

1 comment:

slaggybuttonit said...

" . . . the dirty pigeons - they love a bit of it!"

Blog Archive