Thursday 19 November 2009

Yorkshire pud good


My first yorkshire puds. Yes, I grew up in probably one of the few homes in NZ where vinegar on chips, red cabbage, mushy peas and yorkshire puddings were part of our food culture. Yet somehow I insisted on surviving on sweet corn and fish fingers (and they say I'm a fussy eater...) So, with my sister over for dinner in our new house, I make the stretch to attempt my first yorkshire puddings. A side to chicken, so don't tell my mum. But with stuffed mushrooms so I get points for that right?

3 comments:

Tim and Louisa Strange said...

Yumo! I think a repeat performance will be needed for Christmas dinner!

Bubble said...

yummy well done Pam. The secret is in the whisking and getting alot of air into the batter.Oh and getting your fat hot hot hot. xxx

x said...

Definately a worthy first attempt. Thanks Pam, was yum !

Blog Archive