Wednesday 16 June 2010

Five


If the last five years was a movie montage set to the score of an uplifting melody, my life would appear to be airplane/train/car/tube journeys arriving at sun, snow and constantly changing work and home destinations.

Half a decade ago today I paid NZ$100 in extra baggage to get my life onto a plane. I was setting out to see the rest, gain valuable experience during the 9-5 and after and make something of the opportunities I was chasing. It hasn't all been running though. Life is made up by the bits in-between, including the mundane that would have remained if I had chosen to stay. But, I am glad to see that all those choices, wise or otherwise have lead to what I set out for. My career has progressed, possibly in the same rate it would have at home but with much bigger names and now my new learning curve isn’t taking on a new city, but taking on a new role. I’m treading as fast as I can, usually as late as I need to. And I’m loving it. (Even with the occasional isolation of homesickness).

Oh yeah, something else started five years ago, and having cleared the cobwebbs away, there's still some life in the old blog. (some testing still required)

1 comment:

Ali Honey said...

I'm glad your parent still live HERE, or we might never see you again...sob....

Thank you very much for sending your V and A Booklet home with your Mum. I have read and enjoyed it and will share it with my quilting group next Friday.