Saturday 4 July 2009

Stick your strawberries and cream


The joys of the open plan office... the grafter that sits a row ahead of me has been watching Wimbledon on the company's online sports channel for the last week. With the volume on. While 'working'. It's driving me nuts. It's not just that I don't like tennis and Murray-fever is a worse epidemic than swine-flu in this country, it's that when she leaves her desk it's left on. So with my massive over ear headphones on, an attempt to educate her on office etiquette, I can hear strange chanting and cheering coming from her area. This is worse than the obnoxious Spanish women two rows back that spends her work day swearing in two languages at her colleagues down the phone.

And I thought it was the three-train-commute that was making me antisocial.

1 comment:

slaggybuttonit said...

Classic! This needs to go on one of those "my workmate's a dick" sites.

A colleague of mine has headphones, but they are so exceptionally low-budget that they seem to actually be louder on the outside than they are to his ears.

Until you work out what it is, it sounds like the dawn chorus, with all the birds on speed, about 1km in the distance.

Blog Archive