Friday 25 September 2009

The Age of Ignorance, the Age of Stupid


As part of 'Green Week' at work, I watched a global warning film called the Age of Stupid, and now I feel like an arsehole.
We try to be as green as we can be (to the point just before dreadlocks are required), we reduce, reuse and recycle whenever possible, and today I was particularly inspired to climb the stairs for all my meetings - despite the rest of the team offsetting my efforts by taking the lift. All of this greenie karma, including looking down my nose at others for not making any effort (or scoffing at mine), well it's cancelled out exponentially by the very reason we live in London. This year I have taken 5 return flights, apparently 1 is enough to use up three years of personal carbon foot print. So I feel like an arsehole.

No comments:

Blog Archive